The WMX – bringing the road back home
The WMX is a high-quality, wall-mounted, 12-channel (2.4KVA) dimmer rack specifically designed for contracting and theatre applications. The Jands WMX takes all the winning features that have made the FPX dimmer a big hit with touring companies and applies them to fixed-installation operations.
With its simple menu for configuration and test options and its high- visibility LED display panel, the WMX is perfect for small theatres, schools, boardrooms, and other permanent installations.
We’ve all seen circuit breakers pop when you flash a couple of Par-64s, this happens because the current surge can be up to ten times normal with a cold lamp. With the WMX this is a thing of the past: we’ve built in smart turn-on software that smoothes the current surge, preventing circuit breakers from tripping. With the WMX you can go from full-black to full-blast without fear of blowing a circuit.
Road-proof and mistake-proof
The WMX has an auto-shutoff feature that switches the rack off if it gets no DMX signal for ten minutes – if someone switches off the control room but not the dimmers, the WMX will work this out by itself.
Easier all round
With a completely re-designed front panel that provides a three-digit seven- segment, high-contrast display screen and easy-to-use buttons for testing and configuration, the WMX is easier to use than ever.
The WMX – all the experience gained on the road, in your permanent installation.
- 2 x 10A dimming channels
- DMX-512 digital control protocol
- DMX-512 terminating switch
- Soft turn-on characteristic
- Opto-fired Triac output devices
- Three mains phase indicator LEDs
- ‘DMX-In’ LED for DMX-512 signal indication
- ‘Fault’ LED for dimmer error condition indication
- Digital DMX start channel display
- Built-in test facilities
- Dimmer curve set for linear relationship between the control input and output power
- Compensates for fluctuations in the mains supply voltage and minimises the effect of superimposed control tones, ensuring a constant light output and increased lamp life
- Microprocessor control
- Single internal temperature-controlled DC fan
- Single or three phase operation
- Over-temperature cutouts
- Pre-heat facility
- Dimmer will hold last DMX value for a set time ifcontrol data is interrupted