Get DMX straight out of your laptop
The Vista App software package gives you all the functions of the full-size Vista lighting console on your personal computer. Until now though, if you wanted to connect your PC to your fixtures, you needed two things: an expensive Ethernet-to-DMX adaptor and some networking know-how to set it up.
Now you can generate DMX* straight from your PC‘s USB port quickly and simply with the Jands UD512 USB-DMX adaptor. Best of all, you can do it without burning a hole in your pocket.
The UD512 is a simple 1.5m cable connector that gives you 512 DMX channels*. The UD512 is powered from the USB port and has two LED indicators showing if the output is selected and DMX activity. Compact and portable, the UD512 is quite simply the most cost-effective and convenient way to get DMX out of your PC.
* Actual DMX output channels determined by dongle. Software pack, including dongle, must be purchased separately.
- USB powered – requires no external power supply
- One DMX output port – ANSI E1.11
- LEDs to indicate DMX active and Universe selected
- Supplied with a 1.5 metre USB cable
- Net/shipping weight 0.5/1kg
- Windows 10, 8, 7 (not suitable for Ultra HD displays)
- Mac OSX 10.11 – 10.8
- Intel® processor i3 (i5 or better recommended)
- 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended)
- 4GB of available hard disk space
A Vista dongle is required to enable output.
Mac OSX -5 error
In Mavericks (OSX 10.9) and later Apple have added a USB > Serial driver that conflicts with the UD512. To prevent this conflict follow these steps:
- Open the Vista v2 Mac installer file
- Open the Extras folder
- Double click the InstallUD512Driver.app icon to install the UD512 driver
Restart your Mac, open Vista and finally connect the UD512.