Jands Lighting
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:43 am

A Few Questions 
Registered
Registered

Post A Few Questions
Hey guys! I’m brand new to the forum! I am using Qlab to trigger midi timecode to Vista. I have a couple questions...

1) Is there a keyboard shortcut or midi note that I could use to release all in Vista?

2) I’m curious to know what happens if I delete presets? Will it effect cues that I previously used that preset on?

3) I read somewhere that V2 has a way to sync timing to the smart effects rate? Maybe a tap to sync? Or does anyone know the mathematical calculation to convert the tempo to the effects rate?

Thank you for your help!

Fri May 25, 2018 3:03 am
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post Re: A Few Questions
1) If you haven't set up a cuelist to trigger via midi note go to cuelist properties and go down to MIDI notes/Learn then hit the midi note you want to trigger that cuelist. In that cuelist add a command to release all cuelists. If you have release all in the top bar of vista you can follow with the F1-12 keys on your keyboard. They also correspond to the buttons on the top of the console on everything except M1.

2) If you delete a preset, I've noticed that the fixture just goes to home. I'm pretty sure it would be a global thing but I've only done it once. For example: if you used a position preset then deleted it, the fixtures would go to their home position but keep their color, intensity, gobo, etc. The best way I've found is just to rename it and use it for something else.

3a) above the encoder wheels on the screen there's "menu" on the very top/Right. Select that, then select "sfx", then use "sync" to tap the tempo. That will change the "rate" of the effect that's next to the "Per Cycle/Per Fixture" drop down. Then use the "rate" dropdown that goes 1/16-16x to get the timing right. (I usually use a template with a 120bpm rate per cycle and 1/4 on the dropdown rate.)

3b) Under the advanced tab there's a "sync at start" options: 1: auto sync, 2: restart, 3: no sync. I'm not sure exactly but just playing around with it it looks like auto sync will align with other fx that are running so if they are the same tempo they will match up. Restart looks like it starts the effect over when you play the cue it is stored in, so if you're off time in one cue you can fix it in the "Restart" cue. And no sync doesn't take any information from other fx that are running. - those are just my thoughts they can be completely wrong.

Hope that helps!

Vista, California
www.northcoastchurch.com

Mon May 28, 2018 4:11 am
Profile WWW
Registered
Registered

Daniel!

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions! Very helpful! One other thing I haven't figured out... (should be super simple)... but as I add multiple effects, if I change my mind, I don't know how to delete a single effect?

P.S. - I see you are the LD for North Coast Church! That's awesome! Would love to bring our ministry out there! Check out B-SHOC.com

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Mon May 28, 2018 1:57 pm
Registered
Registered

Hi, I have a similar question about syncing fx;
I also use QLab to control Vista and there are a few cues where I want an intensity chase in a cue to sync to the music. I have made a custom intensity swing effect, and it starts in a cue with a fade time of 15 seconds, but for some reason the effect never starts at the same point, so when I start the cue I just have to hope it starts at the right time. There are no effects running in the cue before this one and I played around with the sync at start function but no luck yet, can someone point me in the right direction?

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:08 pm
500+ Club
500+ Club

This is a known issue in Vista 2 but it has been fixed in Vista 3. You will want to check into that here:
http://www.vistabychromaq.com

Technical Sales Support
Jands/ChromaQ
AC Lighting, Inc

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:49 am