Jands Lighting
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:25 am

Random Behaviour 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Random Behaviour
Hi All,

I posted this issue in the V3 forum as well just to cover all bases. I have a random issue with my Martin Rush MH7 Hybrid's. There are 6 of them and they are the only fixtures I have that run on DMX Universe 2, all my other fixtures are on Universe 1. I have had them setup like this for the 2 or so years we have had them. The other night just before a show all 6 of them did a full 360 degree spin and then returned to the position I had them sitting on (Set in roughly a 45 degree angle from the home position to light up the actors on stage in Wash mode). This was without any human interaction with the software or consoles. It went about an hour and a bit and then did it again mid way through the show, and again they were just sitting in the static position and no one was touching the console when it happened. After the show I tried to reproduce it and have not been able to. I have checked every connection and every possible cause I can think of. The only variable which shouldn't have anything to do with it is that the volunteer lighting operator had their iPhone plugged in to the USB socket right next to the connection to the S1 and S3 consoles we run. In all the time we have had the MH7's I have never had anything other than the USB Dongle and Connection cable to the consoles plugged into the iMac which runs the Vista Software. We ran the same show the next night and the MH7's were absolutely fine and never did anything out of order the whole show. I was hoping to get some advice on whether it was a random software glitch or some other cause as I cannot seem to replicate the issue again? Thanks is advance.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:12 pm
Regular
Regular

Post Re: Random Behaviour
after checking the consolle s output try to check the whole dmx line, it could be a micro damege in a cable, even if noone have touched the line connection, it s probably that you have a cable that doesn t work properly

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:02 pm