Switch to full style
Using visualisers, remote control, ethernet-to-DMX devices and other devices with V2
Post a reply

MIDI Connection?

Sat May 06, 2017 11:31 am

I had bought this cable to be able to run ProPresenter 6 MIDI module so when we are running songs and other things we can fire a cue and it goes right to it.

https://www.amazon.com/iConnectivity-mi ... face+cable

I have a Vista I3 Console. The problem I am having is that my iMac sees the midi cable connected to the console but when I go under User Preferences I don't see the iMac popup or anything that says USB Audio Interface? So, how do I get my iMac popup in the External Midi ports?

Re: MIDI Connection?

Tue May 09, 2017 8:33 am

You will need to have the Midi Out connector of the cable plugged into the Midi In of the I3. You will not see the Mac as a device in the external Midi ports window. You could test this be setting a cuelist to learn a Midi note and then send that note from the Mac. If it works it should lock in that note in Vista to perform the desired action.

Thu May 11, 2017 7:25 am

Thanks man! That helped big time. I have another question how do you have a certain Midi note on a certain cue instead of it being on the full cuelist under the cuelist properties. I saw you can use Qlab to do this but I wouldn't know where to start to set that up?

Fri May 12, 2017 1:01 am

It is currently not possible to set a midi note for a cue only.
Post a reply