Jands Lighting
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:57 am

Dual network interfaces 
Registered
Registered

Post Dual network interfaces
Hey everyone. I'm pretty new to networking.....been doing dmx for a long time now, just starting with art-net.

Anyways, my setup is as follows, I'm running Vista Byron on a PC which has a S1 console attached to it. From the computer the network cable goes into a network switch that is splitting the signal off to another computer running Arkaos Pro for sending pixel map info down to epix bars in the rig.

Everything then goes down a 2 Cat5 cables to the stage...one goes to the brains for the epix bars, and the other goes to a Pathport DMX splitter.

Now my problem is there is so much data being pushed down the line it is bogging down the Pathport which is causing the lighting to be very steppy.

What I'm trying to figure out is, is there a way to take 2 network signals out of the computer and tell Vista to send universe 1&2 to one of the interfaces and then universe 3&4 to the other interface?

Hopefully that makes some sense to someone out there!!!

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:07 pm
Registered
Registered

Post Re: Dual network interfaces
If you take a look at the question I posed, Artnet or sACN, you will see it was suggested to use sACN if possible due to lower network load. I have read that suggestion elsewhere as well. You might play with setting up an sACN broadcast in the “connect universes” dialogue box under patch and assign it to the appropriate universe. Hope that might help. As you can see by my screen name I’m super new to this. Also, I hope it’s ok to plug this here but the Jands Vista Operators and Programmers group on Facebook is a great resource of experienced and new Vista operators.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:13 am