Jands Lighting
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:44 am

Breaking multielement fixtures apart/Matrices 
Registered
Registered

Post Breaking multielement fixtures apart/Matrices
Hi!

So, with the Elation ZFX Pro XL, i learned something: While Byron's way of handling multi element fixtures works well with LED bars with multiple segments, it SUCKS when you want to run a matrix across a single fixture that have 37 pixels on it. With Matrices being so useful for stuff like this, i was thinking it would be cool if we could take the separate elements of a fixture, and then arrange them in a matrix to allow us to run text across lights like this more easily. It would also enable matrix effects to work, which would be equally as awesome.

Just my two cents... :)

Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:05 pm
Jands R&D
Jands R&D

Post Re: Breaking multielement fixtures apart/Matrices
It's not possible to split up the elements and arrange them in the matrix but what we can do is arrange these in rows and columns at the fixture level so you don't have them all in one line.
You could give this a go yourself by making a copy of the fixture in the editor and then in the first tab of the open fixture, set the amount vertical and amount horizontal.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:13 pm
Registered
Registered

Well, that's cool! I didn't know that was possible... While certainly not as easy as a matrix, that at least makes it possible to spell things out... Assuming i can make sense of the order of the lights. (#1 is the center dot, and then it spirals outwards from there)

Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:33 pm
Jands R&D
Jands R&D

Have fun. The ordering goes from Left to right, top to bottom in in terms of how vista numbers the elements. Some people have also gotten creative in the past and added more horizontal and vertical than they need so that they can leave some blank and assign the elements in a more circular pattern.

Check out fixtures such as the MagicPanel 602 Extended and the Nexus 4x4 as a point of comparison (albeit being in a grid form, rather than circular)

Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:49 pm