Switch to full style
Suggestions and ideas for Vista and future releases
Post a reply

Re: MIDI Gate

Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:49 am

I've just used a NI Maschine (mk1) that I also use for music, but it works fine as a general pad controller as well. It's not one you buy solely for that purpose though. I would guess a Novation Launchpad would do the trick. It's relatively cheap, mostly used for clips in live, pre-configured with note values on pads, and has no velocity (which isn't needed), and 64 multi(three?)-colored pads. I'm not sure how configuring it is done though, and it only has USB-midi, which won't work with the embedded Vista consoles (iirc). If you run it on windows, or in osx you should be good though. Another alternative is to build one yourself, livid instruments has a relatively easy to use diy solution, or you can go the full on Arduino route and use whatever buttons and leds you can scrape together, but that would also take a lot of time learning and soldering if you're not already into it (costing more, but also fun if you're into that).

Re: MIDI Gate

Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:06 pm

I currently use a Korg NanoKey2 with my Vista M1, but am going to take a look at other options.
Post a reply