Jands Lighting
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:37 am

Group Fader Enhancement: Push to Active 
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post Group Fader Enhancement: Push to Active
I've seen a few people ask about this and thought of a way this could be implemented recently. Some people like the option of being able to use groups to program their intensity values. Similar to the old school conventional boards. We can have different pages with a whole bunch of groups on them and just set the intensities with the faders and then those save to the cuelist.

Well, I understand some of the issues with that and trying to figure out when those intensities should be saved and when they shouldn't. One thing I thought of was to have one of the buttons on the groups default to a "push to active" mode. When you push that button, it would insert those values of that group into whichever tab is active on the screen. To take it a step further, you can have a soft button that will push all the faders into the active tab.

This way, we can push our faders and then just hit a button and those values will be in our cuelist. As opposed to selecting the lights (or pushing the button to select the group), then moving the encoder or setting it on the touchscreen.

What do you guys think? I think fader push->button push, is faster than select lights->move encoder.

I will admit this gets away a little from the ease of vista and how you can make a change to the cuelist and it is automatically saved, but it's a nice workaround for people like me that like to run the show live with the cuelist open. This way, if I'm running a show, I can adjust intensities without it saving to the cuelist and when I'm programming, I can just add that button push to the workflow to push those values into the cuelist.

Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:22 am
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: Group Fader Enhancement: Push to Active
I think you can do this by going: Store part, select intensity only, and saving the live output to your cue. Having it on one button would be nice though. As wold sub-menu choices for the macro buttons.

---
Edit: Just checked, and you have to use the "All Output" option.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:35 am