Jands Lighting
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:05 am

Cue Properties in the Quick Picker/Sidebar 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Cue Properties in the Quick Picker/Sidebar
Hi

I basically find it a bit cumbersome to right click the cue, select cue properties (edit the settings) and pressing OK for each cue edit. If there isn't a faster way already (that I haven't discovered), would it be possible to add the cue properties to the sidebar so that it is immediately accessible when a cue is selected? It might be nitpicking, but those three operations add up to a lot of extra clicks when doing a lot of edits.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:50 am
Jands R&D
Jands R&D

Post Re: Cue Properties in the Quick Picker/Sidebar
What changes are you finding yourself making in cuelist properties most often?

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:02 am
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

One thing that is helpful if you find yourself setting the cuelist properties to something specific each time is to make those changes the default settings for a cuelist. When I'm running a show, I like to have the fader be on Auto Play and Release so I've set that to be my defaults.

I don't find myself making that many changes to a cuelists properties myself, but it might be nice to have some options like your asking for. I think the one I would change most often would be fader type, release timing, and priority.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:17 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Release time and fader properties are the usual ones for music at least, but the most dreary one is the MIDI triggers for QLab and other triggered stuff. I also have the (bad?) habit of hammering down enter after making a typed edit, which closes the properties (and adds more frantic mucking about).

As I'm typing, it occurs to me that it is the flow of it that is the problem. I have the same core issue with the FX editor which is that it pops up as an accessory to the program itself, instead of being part of the flow (which otherwise is pretty great by the way). This is especially an issue when working with only one screen (and the M1 as you don't have the properties available on the console).

I think that the feature request can be amended to include a tabbed FX as well to better the flow.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:02 pm
Jands R&D
Jands R&D

You'll be pleased to hear that the effects editor will be tabbed in the sidebar and dock-able very soon!

A similar solution is not so simple in the current GUI for the cuelist properties, but for now would it help if pressing enter on editable fields didn't close the window? I can certainly look into seeing if that is possible.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Nice! Glad to hear that indeed!

If it isn't too much hassle that would be excellent, it's a relatively minor annoyance so I'd get it if it's a bit of work for such a small thing. There might be those that are used to/likes it though, so it might end up being an annoyance for them instead.

Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:09 am