Jands Lighting
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:35 am

Global tap tempo/tempo groups 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Global tap tempo/tempo groups
Hi

My first wish is for it to be possible to add a Global tempo function to rates for both chases and FX (if it's there, I haven't found it, then you have my apologies).

To expand tempo functionality even further, it would be nice to have tempo groups to assign cue lists to (also non-chase cue lists). Then the settings for tempo (rate/tap) would be pulled from the tempo group, instead of being set in each separate cue list. Switching from tap to rate for a group should carry over last tapped tempo.

This is useful in a few scenarios. First one is of course in setting the same tempo for a number of cues or effects, for instance if you have several different cues for a set-tempo song. Then you set the tempo once in the tempo group, and just assign the needed cue lists or effects to that group instead of individually in the cue list. This would (should?) also sync all cues to that master tempo preventing retrigger or trigger next/different cue list out of sync.

Second is if you then get the same song, but with a different setting. If a band suddenly decides that they'd rather play without backing or tempo sync, you can just change the tempo group from rate to tap, instead of all the individual edits if the song contains several cue lists (don't know if I'm the only one with inception-like workflow with cue lists in cue lists in cue lists, but it would probably be nice nevertheless).

Adding it as a command, you could then have a cue changing the rate for several other cues easily. If you then have a group with different fx, you can then slave it to the master cue list tempo just by triggering the cue list. A rate multiplier/divider would also be a nice thing to have, either in the cue list or effect itself, or in the group. Then you can double or halve the tempo as needed, still in sync.

Is this feasible? It would make the wonderful world of busking a lot easier.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:40 pm