Jands Lighting
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:58 am

Feature Request: Live Tab Option: Ignore Release All 
Registered
Registered

Post Feature Request: Live Tab Option: Ignore Release All
I utilize Midi Show control and my style of programming ends up utlizing Release All quite frequently in order to compartmentalize the show and to be able to rearrange my Qlab cues however I desire in the event of last minute rearranging (keeping automation across multiple types of systems in order). The reasoning behind my programming style is somewhat aside the point, but rather it would be extremely helpful to the operation of the console during the performance if I had the option to have the live tab ignore the release all command, mimicking the ability to do so with Cuelists. I would imagine that I would find this setting (If it were to be implemented) in the Live Tab Properties window.

Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:47 pm
500+ Club
500+ Club

Post Re: Feature Request: Live Tab Option: Ignore Release All
information in the live tab doesn't respond at all to the release all command

Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:14 am
Registered
Registered

For some reason it does on my console. I'll get the software version number posted shortly if this has been changed in an update that I don't have yet.

Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:15 am
Registered
Registered

It seems that while the release All button does not affect the live tab, the Reset command via Midi Show Control (MSC), which in your knowledge base (http://kb.jands.com/392/) says "Releases all running cues." does indeed release the live tab.
In Cuelist settings I can choose whether a cuelist can ignore release all commands. When I set that to ignore, it ignores the MSC Reset Command. I would like to have the option to choose whether Release All affects the Live tab, and for that functionality to match the MSC Reset Command. Alternatively I would settle for the MSC Reset Command to not affect the live tab at all, in order for it to better behave as the knowledge base suggests that it would.

Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:26 am