Jands Lighting
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:49 am

default and minimum values 
Registered
Registered

Post default and minimum values
Here's another one for you: I am exploring fixture defining, and I find myself in the following situation:
Strobe on my Chauvet fixtures start when channel 5 has a value of more than 15, and the speed of the flashing is determined by the value of this channel (when it is above 15) up to 255.

I have therefore set channel 5 for the strobe function, default value 15, minimum 15 (forced to this value by the default), maximum to 255.

But I find the range of useful strobe speed values to be between 100 and 240. I can set the maximum to be 240, but I CANNOT set the minimum to 100. It appears the minimum value can't be set lower than the default... If it wasn't, I could have the strobe off by default (value=15) but if I turn the encoder, value would jump to 100 (into my useful range)...
Maybe extend this notion as "on/off transition" (here 15/16) and "range of values" (here 100/240). It would also facilitate triggering specific functions on certain fixtures.

Anyway that could be done?

Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:08 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: default and minimum values
P.O. wrote:
.... But I find the range of useful strobe speed values to be between 100 and 240. I can set the maximum to be 240, but I CANNOT set the minimum to 100. It appears the minimum value can't be set lower than the default... If it wasn't, I could have the strobe off by default (value=15) but if I turn the encoder, value would jump to 100 (into my useful range)...
Maybe extend this notion as "on/off transition" (here 15/16) and "range of values" (here 100/240). It would also facilitate triggering specific functions on certain fixtures.
Anyway that could be done?

Unfortunately the default value has to be between the min and max. But pressing down on an encoder toggles between min, 50% and full so if the strobe channel is at the default that might provide a quick way to get to the range you want.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
Registered
Registered

Post Re: default and minimum values
I will try that, but is seems like a poor workaround for a useless limitation...
I have now suggested a few concept/improvements that could be considered/implemented in the next firmware revision of the Stage CL, and make this board even more competitive and innovative. I think the Stage will lose its edge against the competition (look at the QuickQ) if nothing is done. It's been four years since a firmware update or new fixture definitions, users are left to themselves (some posts here have 2500 reads and not a single answer), and I fear there will never ever be another firmware update.
So begs the question: is the Stage CL a dead product? Does Jands care? Is their user community a bunch of zombies?

I lobbied hard at my workplace so we could get one, cause I was sold on the concept, and we paid real money for it. Please don't make us regret our purchase.

P.O.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:50 am