Jands Lighting
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:34 am

How do you update this console? 
Contributor
Contributor

Post How do you update this console?
I have tried updating my CL to the latest version of the software with zero success.

I have tried two Stage CL's

I have tried three different freshly formatted USB drives

nothing works. It says the update package is either corrupt or there isn't enough space on the flash drive (is 16 GB not enough space?).

Is there something I am missing?

Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:46 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: How do you update this console?
ludosc wrote:
I have tried updating my CL to the latest version of the software with zero success.
nothing works. It says the update package is either corrupt or there isn't enough space on the flash drive (is 16 GB not enough space?).

The most common cause of this error is that the compressed update file is being partially expanded. If the file name does not end with '.gz' or the filesize does not match the figure detailed in the update email the package has been expanded and the update will fail.

To resolve this problem:

1. On a Mac
If you are downloading with Safari you may need to turn off Safari's 'Open safe files after downloading' option. To do this:
On the Safari menu select the Preferences option.
On the General tab of the Preferences window uncheck the 'Open safe files after downloading' box.

2. On Windows
Check the file association actions in the program you are using to download. For example, set the file associations on both Internet Explorer and WinRAR to do nothing but download .tar.gz files.
Do not use Chrome to download the update package as there is no option to change the the file associations for this type of file.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: How do you update this console?
davidm wrote:
ludosc wrote:

The most common cause of this error is that the compressed update file is being partially expanded. If the file name does not end with '.gz' or the filesize does not match the figure detailed in the update email the package has been expanded and the update will fail.

To resolve this problem:

1. On a Mac
If you are downloading with Safari you may need to turn off Safari's 'Open safe files after downloading' option. To do this:
On the Safari menu select the Preferences option.
On the General tab of the Preferences window uncheck the 'Open safe files after downloading' box.

2. On Windows
Check the file association actions in the program you are using to download. For example, set the file associations on both Internet Explorer and WinRAR to do nothing but download .tar.gz files.
Do not use Chrome to download the update package as there is no option to change the the file associations for this type of file.

this was the answer. I used IE and it worked perfectly. Thanks.

Fort Worth, TX

Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:46 am