Jands Lighting
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:46 am

Stage CL is awesome ! 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Stage CL is awesome !
Hello -
I have been using the Stage CL on occasional small shows for over a year now - it s a great console.

I would like to try the CL on some installations, but in order to do that i really need a few HTP handles.

Would it be possible to assign certain handles ... or even certain fixtures ( such as dimmers ) to operate in HTP ?

Most of our installations involve front lighting and house lighting that are single channel LED fixtures ... along with RGB / RGBW LEDs on the back.

The HTP method of the CL is great for the color .. but it makes house lights and front lights confusing for an entry level operator.

It would be great to assign house lights to a handle .. and they always follow that handle ... as htp ...

just a thought

Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:12 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Stage CL is awesome !
zbob wrote:
Hello -
<snip> Would it be possible to assign certain handles ... or even certain fixtures ( such as dimmers ) to operate in HTP ?

Most of our installations involve front lighting and house lighting that are single channel LED fixtures ... along with RGB / RGBW LEDs on the back.

The HTP method of the CL is great for the color .. but it makes house lights and front lights confusing for an entry level operator.
It would be great to assign house lights to a handle .. and they always follow that handle ... as htp ...

Can you describe how you'd like to use the console a bit further ? Do you mean that you want some of the 12 faders to always be in Fixture mode while having the others switched to Scene mode ?

Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Contributor
Contributor

specifically .. i would like to have a couple of handles for dnstage face light, solo specials, white back light, etc . that i can record and operate independently .. ( HTP ) while the rest of the console is handling color fixtures.

The independent operation would allow me to have a safe stage face light... that is always available and always adjustable .. no matter what i am doing with color fixtures.

As it is at the moment, it seems that i have to include the entire look with any record ... based on the fact that it operates in LTP. - so if i have the face light right where i want it .. and execute a scene that does not have face light in it .. then the face light goes out .. until i execute it again.

this seems to be the case no matter if i am using a scene on a handle .. or in the cue list .. or in the chase, or anywhere in the console.

What im hoping for would be similar to having a cue list on each handle than can only affect recorded fixtures ... but i know that is outside the scope of the console.

For what its worth, i have several permanent installations where i have no movers .. just color LEDs and a few white only leds .. but i am using a conventional console ... I would much rather put the stage CL in these installations .. but the LTP only operation, across the entire console .. makes me go to the conventional console instead.

I have done a few events with a convention console and the CL merged together .. just to get the combo of LTP and HTP

so ... just an option to make a recorded scene operate in HTP i think would be the answer im looking for.... then i could record the face light scene i want with the face light fixtures .. in HTP, and then record other color based scenes ( with different fixtures ) as LTP.

does this make any sense - ?

Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:01 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

bob wrote:
so ... just an option to make a recorded scene operate in HTP i think would be the answer im looking for.... then i could record the face light scene i want with the face light fixtures .. in HTP, and then record other color based scenes ( with different fixtures ) as LTP.
does this make any sense - ?

Yes it all makes sense. What I think you've missed is that you don't have to include all channels when recording. The Stage CL default behaviour is to include all channels that have an intensity greater than zero and the channels being recorded are indicated by their blue select LEDs being on.

To exclude a channel that has been selected just press the select button and check that it's associated LED is off before recording.

Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Contributor
Contributor

the include / exclude with the select button is what i was missing -
I tried this in the shop and the record behavior makes much more sense now !

Thanks so much for the info !

Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:06 am