Jands Lighting
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:24 am

Moving Heads with CL Console? 
Registered
Registered

Post Moving Heads with CL Console?
Hi All,

We've had our CL console and love it! It's very user friendly and we've been able to do pretty much everything we want.

We are looking at getting two moving lights in the near future. We are looking at the ADJ Vizi Hybrid 16RX (if it matters). Is this something we can control with the CL board?

I read an article that made it sound like it was possible but not necessarily easy. Does anybody have any experience with this? Here's the article: https://jands.com/wp-content/uploads/20 ... Review.pdf

Thank you for your help!

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:33 am
Registered
Registered

Post Re: Moving Heads with CL Console?
I filled out a contact form here: http://www.jands.com.au/company/contact ... al-enquiry and this is what I heard back from technical support.

Thank you for contacting Jands support.

The Stage CL is not designed or built to run moving lights and as such what you are looking to do would not be possible.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:02 am
Registered
Registered

Post Re: Moving Heads with CL Console?
Agreed 100% that the Jands StageCL is not designed for moving heads. However, DMX is DMX which means there is a way to have you StageCL control nearly any DMX fixture. I have four moving heads (Blizzard G70) on my StageCL and they work great. That said, we don't use them for complicated or dynamic moving sequences. We simply cut between different scenes and update settings as needed. The StageCL will work well for such usage, but it will use up a lot of space on your StageCL. Our four movers use all 12-24 fixture channels on our board (15 channels each fixture). IF you plan to have very dynamic moving lights (concert style) then don't use the StageCL for your movers. If you simply want remote control of your pan, tilt, zoom, gobo, color, etc., then you can easily do so with the StageCL.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:28 pm